Saturday April 9
After another night of worrying about our prop shaft, Dave wanted to find materials to reinforce the shaft as a type of insurance to make it back to the US. He went to shore today for more fuel and to look for parts. The gasoline truck was there, so he couldn’t even get his diesel until they were through filling the tanks. In the meantime, he visited with a few guys around the station telling them what he was looking for. They told him about a pile of scrap metal, and he found an aluminum pipe that he thinks will work. He also picked up some hose clamps. He plans to cut the pipe lengthwise, shape it around the shaft and clamp it in place. At least he’ll feel like he has done something in the way of prevention.
I started more laundry and started cleaning the heads for company. I also cleaned the floors, blah, blah, blah.
Dave cleaned the deck and waxed it. He also cleaned the cockpit. I think if we did that more often, we wouldn't have as much sand in the boat. We never take shoes into the boat anymore, but we still bring in sand.