|entry way looking back to the front door
|courtyard behind the house
|the ceiling beams were similar to the hull of a ship
We also visited a castle. The original castle was built in 1434 for the nobleman Jean de Ray. His family could be traced back to the year 0. His family was part of the crusades. Since the family was so kind to the villagers, his head wasn’t cut off during the revolution in the 1700’s. The current castle was built in 1734.
|duck confit from a can
We stopped at Rigny for the night. We walked into town for dinner. The only restaurant open was in a hotel. They wouldn’t serve Dave because he was wearing shorts. We all returned to the boat and took turns making appetizers with the food we had on board. Very interesting.