Thursday, October 20, 2016

October 4, 2016 Travel decisions

I’m not sure where to start, but this is when things started happening.  Of course we are always watching the weather.  So we knew hurricane Matthew was heading our way.  All week we were debating on what path it was going to take.  I had a dental continuing education class scheduled on Friday, October 7 in Gainsville, FL.  I had a rental car reserved for Thursday and a room in Gainesville Thursday night.  My concern was driving back after 5:00 on Friday into torrential rain.  I checked to see if I could extend my stay another night.  Since there was a home college football game on Saturday, my room rate at a La Quinta went from $75 to $265.  So I thought I would just find a room in the nearest town if I couldn’t make back.

I contacted the school to see if they would cancel or postpone the class because of weather.  At this time, they didn’t see any reason to.  Their cancellation policy was 2 weeks, but they would let me transfer my fee to another one of their classes.  They also told me they would contact me by telephone if anything changed. 

Dave continued with our boat projects as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment