Sunday, February 7, 2016

February 5, 2016 rainy day party, Elbow Cay

When the ferry carrying Don and Linda passed by our boat this morning, we blew an air horn and waved.  We listened to the cruiser’s net on the radio and then called Bev.  She said they didn’t have water again.  Someone was on the way to fix it, AGAIN.  Luckily, Don and Linda had showered the night before. 

Kaye and I went to shore with the dinghy.  We were either going to join Bev for breakfast, or take her back to the boat for breakfast.  First Kaye and I took the dinghy around the harbor a couple times looking for an open mooring ball.  The weather is supposed to be rainy and heavy winds this weekend.  So it would be easier to be together if we were in the harbor on a mooring ball.  But we didn’t have any luck.  I kept looking while she went to the cottage to shower.  I had her bring me a Nutrigrain Bar to eat while I watched for any boats leaving.  Still no luck.  We gave up on the mooring ball and decided to go out to the boat to snorkel off the boat.

I stopped at the grocery store for a few things before leaving.  All of a sudden a rain cloud moved in and that put a stop to those plans.  We went to Captain Jack’s for a light lunch, since I didn’t really have breakfast, to wait for the rain to stop.   Dave and I decided that I may as well stay in town with Bev and Kaye for the remaining days.  Then he would come in and join us at different times, like for the Super Bowl party on Sunday. 

I headed back to the boat in the dinghy by myself in some pretty strong winds.  At least the strongest I have handled the dinghy by myself.  But it went fine.  I packed clothes for 3 days, just to leave my options open.  Dave took me back into town, but returned to the boat right away.

We knew it was going to be a rainy day, so I brought games along.  We had fun playing Triominoes and Tenzi, a fast paced dice game. 

We walked to a take out restaurant for dinner called Munchies.  I asked the man what were they known for.  He said their fish and crawfish are great and caught locally.  Kaye had their fish dinner, but Bev and I had the crawfish dinner, which is lobster.  We all had the peas and rice, Bahamian macaroni and cheese and a salad.  They waited for the meals while I went to the liquor store for beer.  Then we all met back at the cottage for the night. 
South African
Kaye has a thing about rinsing bottles, believe what you want, but this wasn't just from one night

No comments:

Post a Comment